Refrigerators are refrigeration devices used in the medical and scientific sector that are mainly intended for the preservation and storage of reagents, biological samples or medicines. In this Kalstein article, we will see that these appliances have specific characteristics that differentiate them from the refrigerators, or refrigerators, that we have in our homes, and that the functionalities, options and temperature ranges vary depending on the brands and models.
Pharmaceutical refrigerators are those that are intended for the refrigeration and storage of medicines and vaccines in conditions that guarantee their conservation. They provide reliable cooling and a stable temperature. They have an alarm system that is activated in the event of a power failure or if the refrigerator door is left open. This system is essential to avoid situations that may lead to an increase in the temperature inside the appliance. Likewise, they have a security system that prevents the temperature from falling below 0 ° C. Refrigerators for the storage of sensitive medicines are usually equipped with a locking system that allows access to these to be controlled.
What features to consider when choosing a refrigerator?
- The choice of a pharmaceutical refrigerator should be made taking into account, in addition to the intended use, the capacity, the temperature range it offers, the configuration, and the number and type of doors.
- Capacity: the storage volume is decisive and your choice will depend on the type of service for which the refrigerator will be used.
- Temperature range: it is a very important criterion. Most refrigerators have a temperature range between 2 ° C and 8 ° C, according to DIN 58345.
- Configuration: to be chosen based on available space in the lab or pharmacy. Vertical refrigerators, or cabinet-type refrigerators, are the most common, but horizontal refrigerators also exist. There are also built-in refrigerators, which are installed under the counter in the laboratory. In general, the latter have less storage capacity.
- Number and types of doors: Refrigerators can have between one and four doors, which can be solid or glass.
Importance of temperature range
Pharmaceutical refrigerators are designed for the storage of biological samples at stable and exact temperatures between 2 ° C and 8 ° C. The temperature homogeneity throughout the refrigerator ensures that all samples are stored under identical conditions. Forced air circulation technology quickly restores temperature homogeneity each time the door is opened and closed. The rapid response of its microprocessor temperature control ensures a stable environment for biological samples.
Kalstein Pharmaceutical Refrigerators are specifically designed for laboratory storage applications, making them ideal for:
- Temperature sensitive samples.
- Kits of samples and reagents.
- Samples for diagnostics.
- Samples from clinical studies.
- Drugs, medicines and pharmaceutical products.
- Chemical products.
- Experimental systems that depend on temperature.
- Quality control tests.
At Kalstein we are MANUFACTURERS and we offer you an excellent range of pharmaceutical refrigerators at the best PRICES on the market. So we invite you to take a look at the Products menu.