Electrosurgery is an operation that is currently very common, and like any surgery, requires some steps or requirements that ensure the safety of the patient, to ensure quality management in any health service, offering the patient an effective and safe care; however, the applications of the electroscalpel starts from the principle of electrosurgery, where low frequency electrical currents are used, to generate high frequency alternating energy in the tissue, and allows the cutting and coagulation derived from thermal energy, avoiding the stimulation of muscle and nerve structures and the consequent tissue damage.
It is important not only that the specialized medical staff know the preparation and handling of the electroscalpel but also the nursing staff in the area of the operating room, which allows it to be easier to identify or detect possible risks that may affect the life of the patient, also favors the indication of rules or precautions at the time of use, it is necessary to accompany this technique of surgery with the use of special masks that allow filtering substances and smoke when using the electroscalpel and even smoke vacuums to avoid its effects.
Electroscalpel related burns
Although there are a number of recommendations and care when using an electroscalpel, burns can occur due to the amount of heat deposited in the tissue by exceeding the capacity of blood circulation; the reason for any burn can be due to:
- Faulty alarm circuit in the electrosurgical unit.
- Defect in the scatter plate wires.
- Indifferent electrode position of the EKG near the disperser plate.
- The interconnection of appliances.
Types of electroscalpel burns
- Neutral electrode defect burns: Burns occur when current density in the area where the dispersion electrode is applied is exceeded, causing 70% of burns with the electroscalpel.
- Burns by the active electrode: In this case they occur due to current leaks that occur through the insulation coating or by mistake the electrode is activated.
- Alternative site burns: Burns may occur anywhere on the patient’s or doctor’s body.
Electroscalpel-related adverse events
This type of surgeries performed by electrosurgical surgery can cause serious damage in the patient, if the surgery is performed without the correct rules of operation and caution, this technique has a wide range of application in different pathological treatments and surgeries in general; so it is necessary that the personnel present in this type of surgical intervention know first the recommendations of use, at the same time how the device works.
One of the adverse damages in the use of the electroscalpel is the surgical smoke that represents a group of particles suspended in the air that come from the thermal destruction of bones and tissues, although the physical and chemical composition of the surgical smoke is not exactly known; it is known that the substances and microorganisms are considered high risk for the health of the medical staff and the patient, in conclusion these surgical instruments expel to the air of the operating room viruses and viable cells, small particles, mutagens, carcinogens and other toxic substances.
KALSTEIN electrosurgical unit
- Electrosurgical Generators YR02144: The Electrosurgical Generator combines versatility and safety, for all general Electrosurgical procedures such as cutting and clotting in clinics, offices and emergency rooms. The YR Electrosurgical Generator offers a maximum power of 400 watts. 7 monopolar and 3 bipolar outputs are available.
- Electrosurgical Generators YR02145 // YR02146: is a versatile electrosurgical unit for all surgical procedures through all types of tissue. It has seven built-in functions of power output, tissue response and automatic solid or split return electrode recognition, allowing surgeons to perform highly accurate and safe operations. YR is applicable in various surgeries such as general surgery, dermatology, plastic surgery, endoscopy, vascular surgery, cardiac/thoracic surgery, minimally invasive surgery, neurosurgery and ophthalmology.
- Electrosurgical Generators YR02147: The series of Electrosurgical Generators YR is a reliable electrosurgical unit for the loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) in gynecology. With a maximum isolated output of up to 150 watts, automatic control functions and current compensation, you can perform high-precision cutting and clotting with a lower risk of thermal damage.
If you want to purchase any of these Electrosurgical Generator Equipment for surgical procedures related to electroscalpel, please be aware to contact the best, this service we can offer you through our online channels and at the best PRICE in the market, also if you want to know the catalog of high-end products that KALSTEIN have for you visit us https://www.kalstein.pk/ we assure you that through our online PURCHASE channels that are very easy and viable from anywhere in the world, reminding them that we are a manufacturer of high-level laboratory equipment for sale.