By applying the infusion pump as medical equipment, patients can enjoy the intravenous applications of medicines, as these devices are able to program and control a given infusion.
The infusion pump is a system to administer drugs directly to the patient’s blood, under medical supervision, in order to avoid any type of infections. Its programming is simple, so that the patient can receive the treatment at the right time helping to administer the fluids more accurately, in this way, the trained staff will save time and control.
Advantages of using Infusion Pump
- It provides greater accuracy in drip rhythm.
- Fits the patient’s needs.
- It allows all kinds of solutions, blood and its derivatives, medicines to be administered.
- The percentage of human errors in the intravenous supply of drugs is reduced.
It should be noted that if the pump does not have a correct flow protection management, it must be complemented with a training program on its use, so staff must be trained and this way can ensure the health of patients in emergency and intensive care areas.
Operation of the Infusion Pump
Through technological developments at the medical level, the operation of the infusion pump was improved. In addition, the design has undergone some changes throughout its history in order to seek to increase its safety, effectiveness and practice, to do so the following recommendations should be taken into account:
- Take the infusion kit previously connected to the reservoir and allow it to flow through gravity, so that there are no air bubbles left inside the infusion line, as this would cause serious injury to patients. Take precautions.
- Before installing the infusion set, ensure that the clip or clamp on the infusion line is positioned after passing the pump. It is considered a misuse of the pump, to place the clamp or clip closure of the infusion line, before passing through the pump, as it detects on the line, excess pressure air bubbles, plus no absence of liquid, which can occur when this clip or clamp is closed and also is located before the pump.
- Install the infusion line into the pump, taking into account the guides they pass through.
- Close the door and fix the insurance, taking care that the infusion line is installed correctly.
KALSTEIN brand Infusion Pump
Our infusion pump, has 4.3 inch color LCD display, with backlight, suitable for working in various ambient light conditions, infusion monitoring system (optional), the status of each pump is displayed in real time at the central station through wireless transmission. It shows the time, battery, infusion status, mode, speed, target volume, accumulated volume, target volume, sound volume, pressure, department, bed number I/V equipment, temperature of the drug.
- Large LCD display, with backlight, suitable for working in various ambient light conditions.
- Disposable intravenous equipment of any brand is suitable for this pump
- Three working modes: rate/volume/time mode
- Purge, KVO function
- The heating function is optional, suitable for infusing in winter or if there is a requirement for the temperature of the drug.
- The central monitoring system is optional, the infusion status of each pump is displayed in real time at the central station via wireless transmission.
- Simple and convenient in operation, intuitive presence of working state.
- Audible and Visible Alarms
- Alarm: Full infusion, vacuum, faulty signal, malfunction, occlusion, door open, air bubble, low battery, setup error, AC power off, idle.
In addition, KALSTEIN has an active sanitary equipment designed to regulate and improve the health of patients, since it has precision, constant supply, safety, reliability, alarms, power supply and batteries.
We offer you the best advice and technical support to guide you in the purchase and use of the infusion pump you require, depending on its application. In addition, we have the best technology for being manufacturers and having the best prices in the market. For more information, visit us at HERE