Conductivity is the ability of a material to conduct an electric current, that is, a measure of the total ionic concentration of a solution; the instrument used to know the conductivity or electrical charge in a body of water of natural origin is the conductivity meter and they are very common in any water treatment procedure or in environmental laboratories.
Conductivity meters are very easy to use, and can be useful for decision-making in quality inspections, as it provides an immediate assessment of the conductivity value in many applications; in some cases the nature of the ions is known and used to determine the concentration of the ions; using the conductivity meters is obtained with very good approximation, the hardness value of the water.
What is a conductivity meter?
They are devices that serve to measure conductivity; also called conductivity meters, these equipment are composed of two plates of a special material such as: platinum, titanium, nickel, graphite, among others; a feeder source and a measurement scale; they work in a certain way and there are different types and each one yields a result of a specific conductivity.
Conductivity meters have wide applications, as the instrument not only works for the inspection of water quality, but also for the control in the water of the values of PH, electrical conductivity, oxygen and for the measurement of temperature, so it becomes an ideal instrument for analysis in the field.
Uses of conductivity meters.
- Freshwater analysis.
- Aquarium analysis.
- Soil analysis.
- Analysis of the damage caused by salt water.
- Analysis of surface cleaning before coating and better adhesion to paint.
- Wastewater analysis.
Types of KALSTEIN conductivity meters
- Conductivity Controller: it is suitable for monitoring the conductivity and total dissolved solids of water quality, calibration of 1 to 3 points, outputs of 4 to 20 mA.
- Portable: Portable pH meter, contains 8 measurement modes, suitable for measuring h, ion concentration, conductivity, total dissolved solids, salinity, resistivity and dissolved oxygen.
- Desktop: has 5 measurement modes, it is necessary to measure conductivity, TDS, salinity, resistivity, ash conductivity, accuracy 0.5 FS.
General characteristics of conductivity meters.
- Restart function automatically resumes all settings to factory defaults.
- Configuration menu allows you to configure the number of calibration points, stability criteria, temperature unit, date and time, and factor.
- Extended memory that stores and retrieves data.
- Automatic temperature compensation.
- Expired calibration alarm prompts the user to calibrate the meter regularly.
- Automatic read function detects and locks the measurement endpoint.
Sectors of application of conductivity meters.
- Graphic arts.
- Production of beer and yeasts.
- Fertilizer dosage.
- Chemical industry.
- Calorie generators/boilers
- Metal elaborations.
- Food industry.
- Textile industry.
- Production of detergents.
- Cooling towers.
Advantages of using a conductivity meter.
Whether in laboratories or in the field, a conductivity meter allows readings of a wide range and allows us to know the hardness of water, know the total concentration of ions and degree of mineralization of water, offering reliable control for water purification processes.
A conductivity measurement system consists of the following basic elements: conductivity cell, temperature probe, measuring instrument.
Each model has different settings and accessories, the acquisition of these KALSTEIN conductivity meters can be done through online purchase channels that are very easy and viable, we invite you to visit our website, and enjoy the catalog of high quality equipment and at the best price you will find in the market, we KALSTEIN are manufacturers of high level products, with great demand for purchase and sale worldwide, we also offer you the best specialists to provide you with the necessary advice, our Laboratory Equipment Company, offers you great advantages of guarantee and commitment, ensuring a team with superior technology and high performance.