A colorimeter is a device used to measure and analyze colors, this device allows to identify colors and their shades, providing accurate and very objective measurements of the colors being evaluated. Colorimeters have one light source and three or more filters. The light source emits light at a wavelength and then passes through a filter before impacting the object being measured.
It is important to bear in mind that like any laboratory equipment, it needs proper maintenance management and special care that extend the useful life of the instrument. At Kalstein we recommend that before using your colorimeters you should perform the following steps: clean the surface of the instrument, clean the filters and light source (lamp and condenser), check electrical installations.
- It is recommended to place the instrument in a place where it is not exposed to vibration, excessive heat, humidity or direct light.
- Cover with a cloth or place in its case, to protect the instrument from dust. Never touch optical surfaces such as lenses and filters. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning such components carefully.
- Heat up the instrument before performing any procedure.
- Perform a periodic (weekly) check of the wavelength calibration, when it is suspected to have varied, with the Didimium Tube.
- Check 0 and 100% T each time you are going to read and when the wavelength changes.
- It is important to ensure that the buckets are clean and free of scratches and fingerprints. This must be done every time it is used.
A colorimeter is a color measuring instrument that supplies a numeric value to the color and works by determining the intensity and shades of a color. The surrounding environment and the quality of the electricity network are the main factors to consider, for these instruments to work properly, the maintenance routines that may require vary in complexity, can range from careful cleaning of its components to specialized procedures, which can only be performed by qualified technical personnel and that have of the technical information developed by the manufacturers.
You should be aware that at all times preventive maintenance of the equipment must respond to the routines and frequencies recommended by the manufacturer. As for the maintenance of this noble equipment, we advise you to comply with the following maintenance scheme:
- Carry out the integral external and internal cleaning of the equipment.
- Review and clean the electronic system (e-cards, wiring, contacts, keyboard, display).
- Check and clean sample holder.
- Verify operation.
- Keep the maintenance report, sticker and photographic record of the work done.
What does Kalstein offer you?
Kalstein is a manufacturer of medical and laboratory equipment of the highest quality and the best technology at the best PRICES in the market, so you can make your PURCHASE confidently with us, knowing that you have the service and advice of a company specialized in the field and committed to provide you with safe, economical and effective options to perform your functions in the right way. That is why we present our: Precision Colorimeter YR053437.
This device has high precision and low cost and two apertures, and a tip opening of Φ4 mm, suitable for the use of most samples. It is very useful for checking color difference, and is widely used in plastic, electronics, painting, ink, textiles, garments, printing and dyeing, food, medicine, cosmetics, industries, scientific research, institutes, schools and laboratories. Among its main features are:
- Built-in white plate parameters. You do not need to calibrate each time you take a quick measurement.
- Double openings: flat opening of Φ8 mm and tip opening of Φ4 mm for switch, easy to measure concave sample in a large plane.
- Equipped with a built-in high capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It is not necessary to buy the battery repeatedly.
- Handheld design: small and convenient; easy measurement.
- Exquisite appearance: adopts traditional and fashionable aesthetic designs.
- High cost performance: great production, good quality, cheap products
For more information we invite you to take a look: HERE